" U Fly Extreme"
Adrenaline Action in New Zealand

Sunday, February 27, 2011




Being that the really crazy season is almost behind us, and knowing how much you all want to know how the "new" plane is going (and looking).. I've finally got motivated to change the BLOG!! about bloody time I can hear you (both) say!!!
So.. actually, UFX does not perfrom that much better than ELI, in fact, I think ELI climbs at least as fast.. and oddly, possibly even faster than UFX. For those not sure why I would have expected UFX to out perfrom ELI.. UFX has another 20 horse power and a high tech 3 blade moving propeller, that is meant to get some serious extra performance out of the available horse power. Other than on takeoff, and maybe going straight up, it really isn't noticeable. Of course it uses more fuel, and will be more expensive to maintain.. good old Murphy!
UFX is quieter however, and I even notice this from the cockpit, and the 3 blade prop makes for a mostly smoother ride, although while doing aerobatics (which is quite often) I can actually feel the blade changing pitch, as it is a little harsh at times..
So we are still getting used to UFX, and I have to admit that it does seem easier to operate, although exactly why, I haven't really figured out yet. I think that the lower noise level is most likely the biggest factor. So, what you all need to do is come and try it out for yourselves.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment